Drinks & Dessert
5 eggs, whites and yolks separated
¾ cup granulated sugar
2 oz. semisweet chocolate, melted
1 tbsp. vegetable oil
2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder plus extra for dusting
- 2 tbsp. milk of choice (almond, whole or non-fat)
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
½ cup heavy cream
Make the batter
Preheat oven to 350 F/150 C. Place Silicone Baking Sheet with Rim on baking sheet and set aside. In a Thatsa medium bowl place egg yolks, sugar and mix until light pale in color. Add semisweet chocolate and mix until well combined. Continue adding remaining ingredients (oil, flour, cocoa powder and milk) until well incorporated and batter is smooth.
Whip the eggs
In base of Whip n Mix Chef, place egg whites and turn handle to beat until stiff. Gently fold half the egg whites into the batter in Thatsa bowl. Then add the second half and continue to gently fold until well incorporated.
- Pour batter into Silicone Baking Sheet with Rim and spread batter evenly. Bake for 10 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
Rolling the cake
- At the end of cooking time remove from oven and remove baking sheet, let cake rest for 2 minutes. Dust cocoa powder over the surface of cake and place a clean kitchen towel over to top and roll it immediately WITH the Baking Sheet with Rim. Allow cake to cool for 30-45 minutes in fridge.
Make the filling
- While the cake is cooling make filling by mixing all ingredients until well combined.
Fill and serve
Once cake is cooled, unroll cake, removing Silicone Baking Sheet with Rim and spread filling over the whole surface of cake. Then roll again to form the filled cake roll.
Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
Dust with powdered sugar before serving.