- 2 Chuck short ribs
- 1 Yellow onion, peeled and quartered
- 2 in / 5 cm piece of ginger, cut lengthwise
- 1 Cinnamon stick
- 2 Star anise
- 2½ cups Water
- 1½ tsp. Soy sauce
- 1 tsp. Hoisin sauce
- ½ tsp. Fish sauce
Roast the bones and spices
- Separate the meat from short rib bones. In base of MicroPro Grill, place beef bones, onion, ginger, cinnamon stick and star anise. Cover in grill position and microwave at full power for 15 minutes or until charred and caramelized.
Make the broth
- At the end of cooking time, deglaze by adding water and scraping all food and veggie pieces from base of MicroPro Grill.
- Transfer everything to 1-qt./1 L Micro Pitcher and cover in "open" position (cover sideways). Microwave on full power for 10 minutes.
- At the end of cooking time, strain broth and discard veggies, bones and spices.
Finish it off
- To the finished broth, add remaining sauces and stir to combine. Distribute into two bowls and serve with toppings* of choice.
- Serve hot.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Opens in a new window.