Pancakes With Fresh Strawberry Syrup
Breakfast & Brunch
2 pancakes and 2 tbsp of syrup
1½ cups reduced-fat (2%) milk
- 2 eggs
¼ cup canola oil
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
2½ tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. coarse kosher salt
- 2 tbsp. granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. Cinnamon-Vanilla Seasoning Blend
- 1 lb. 445 g strawberries, stemmed
¾ cup granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp. maple syrup or corn syrup
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. unsalted butter
Prep the pancakes
Preheat Chef Series II 12"/30 cm Griddle pan over medium heat. In base of Supersonic Chopper Tall, fitted with paddle whisk attachment, combine milk, eggs and oil. Cover and pull cord until blended.
Add flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, sugar and seasoning blend over liquids in Supersonic Chopper Tall base. Cover and pull cord 6-8 times until mixed
Do not over mix. Ladle ¼ cup batter onto the hot griddle.
- Cook until bubbles begin to set around the edges of the pancakes and the griddle-side is golden. Gently flip and continue cooking 1-2 minutes more. Remove from griddle and serve warm. Repeat with remaining batter.
Make the syrup
While pancakes are cooking make strawberry syrup using the last 5 ingredients. Place strawberries into base of Supersonic Chopper Tall fitted with blade attachment, cover and pull cord 8-10 times until pureed.
Place puree in 1-Qt./1 L Micro Pitcher Set and add remaining syrup ingredients. Microwave at 50% power 9-10 minutes until boiling, monitoring during last few minutes to prevent syrup from boiling over.
Serve warm and refrigerate any remainder for up to 5 days