- 2 medium onions roughly chopped
- 3 garlic cloves peeled and minced using Supersonic Chopper Compact
- 2 ribs celery thickly sliced
- 1 lb./455 g carrots peeled and thickly sliced
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp. plus 1 tsp DIY Steak & Chop Seasoning divided
- 2 lbs./1 kg beef tri-tip cut into ¾ in/2 cm cubes
- 2 lbs./1 kg baby red potatoes quartered
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- 3 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 32-oz./946 mL carton no-salt-added beef stock divided
- 1½ cups biscuit baking mix
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- ½ cup beer or milk
- ½ cup sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- ½ tsp extra virgin olive oil
Make the stew
- Preheat oven to 355° F/180° C.
- Place onion, garlic and carrots in UltraPro 6-Qt./5.7 L Roasting Pan. In large bowl, combine flour and 1 tbsp. DIY seasoning. Add beef cubes and toss to coat. Add beef and excess flour to roasting pan, cover and microwave on high power 6 minutes.
- Remove from microwave and add potatoes. Whisk together tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce and 1 cup beef stock in 2-cup/500 mL Micro Pitcher Set. Add to roasting pan, along with remaining stock, and stir to combine. Cover and transfer to oven 1 hour and 30 minutes.
Bake the biscuits
- In Thatsa medium bowl, combine biscuit baking mix, remaining DIY seasoning and sugar. Add beer or milk and mix until just combined. Stir in cheese. Remove stew from oven and uncover. Invert cover and brush with oil. Drop biscuit dough, by the tablespoonful, onto inverted cover, making 14 biscuits.
- Stack cover over roasting pan containing stew, place together in oven and bake 30 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Opens in a new window.