- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Zest of 1 orange
- 1 large egg
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup cinnamon sugar
- Preheat oven to 325F/160C.
- In large Wonderlier bowl, place butter, sugar, salt, extract and orange zest. Mix until creamy.
- Mix in egg. Add flour and mix until just combined.
- Seal the bowl with cookie dough and refrigerate for at least 15 minutes.
- Place Silicone Baking Sheet with Rim on metal cooking sheet. Then use the medium sized Portioning Scoop to portion out 9 cookies then pat dough flat. Use cookie dough to make the traditional “Dia de Muerto” design on each cookie by rolling a thin log of cookie dough and placing it on each cookie in X shape, and then place a small ½-inch ball in the center.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes. Remove, then make and bake remaining cookies.
- Once cookies have cooled, dip each into cinnamon sugar and store in airtight container until ready to serve.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Opens in a new window.