Chicken Enchiladas Verdes With Mexican Rice
Lunch & Dinner
2 � cup rice,2 tbsp. salsa
1 lb./455 g tomatillos husked
½ medium onion quartered
- 2 garlic cloves peeled
- 2 jalapeno peppers seeded
½ cup cilantro
½ tsp coarse kosher salt
¼ tsp black pepper
½ cups cooked chicken shredded
- 1 cup frozen southwestern style corn thawed and drained
- 1 cup Mexican blend cheese shredded and divided
- 2 tbsp DIY Southwest Chipotle Seasoning
12 6 in/15 cm corn tortillas
- 1 medium onion quartered
- 1 garlic clove peeled and halved
14½-oz./400 g can fire-roasted diced tomatoes with liquid reserved
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 tbsp DIY Southwest Chipotle Seasoning
- 1 cup long-grain white rice
Make the salsa
- Place tomatillos in UltraPro 2-Qt./2 L Casserole Pan along with 1/4 cup of water. Cover and microwave on high power 5 minutes. Drain and allow to cool slightly. Place onion, garlic, jalapeno and cilantro in base of Power Chef System fitted with the blade attachment. Replace cover and pull cord to process until finely chopped. Add tomatillos, replace cover and pull cord to process until all ingredients are finely chopped. Place mixture back in casserole pan, cover and microwave on high power 4 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
Make the enchilada filling
Place chicken, corn, ½ cup cheese and DIY seasoning in medium bowl, stirring together using the Saucy Silicone Spatula.
Set aside while preparing rice.
Make the Mexican rice
Preheat oven to 350° F/175° C
Place onion and garlic in base of Supersonic Chopper Extra fitted with the blade attachment. Replace cover and pull cord several times until finely chopped.
Place onion mixture, tomatoes, broth and DIY seasoning in UltraPro 3.5-Qt./3.3 L Lasagna Pan.
Microwave on high power 4 minutes.
Add rice, stirring to combine. Cover and bake 25 minutes.
Bake the enchiladas and serve
Divide filling between tortillas and roll.
Spread ¾ cup salsa verde on bottom of inverted UltraPro Roasting Pan cover (or use inverted Lasagna Pan cover and place aluminum foil over rice).
Place enchiladas in cover, folded seam down, and top with remaining salsa verde.
Sprinkle remaining cheese on top.
Remove cover from rice and place inverted cover containing enchiladas on top. Bake, together, an additional 15 minutes or until heated through.