- 15.25 oz. box red velvet cake mix (plus ingredients per box instructions)
- 3 cups pink frosting (any flavor)
- 1 cup strawberry or seedless raspberry jam
- 1/3 cup water
- Preheat oven to temperature indicated on boxed cake mix. Mix ingredients in Whip N Mix Chef starting with liquid ingredients then add ingredients, turning handle on Gear II until well combined. Pour batter in UltraPro 2-qt./2L and bake according to instructions. Let cake cool completely, then unmold.
- Cut cake lengthwise to make a layer using Universal Series Serrated Knife and set layer aside. Use medium sized Portioning Scoop to add 3 scoops of frosting and spread with Silicone Spatula until smooth.
- Place cake layer on top and press down. Use Serrated Knife to carve in an oval making sure the edges of cake are slanted. Add 3-4 medium scoops of frosting and spread around and cover the whole cake in a very thin layer of frosting. Place in fridge to chill until crumb coat (frosted outside layer of cake) is set.
- Add remaining frosting to piping bag fitted with a large circle tip. Use Silicone Spatula to make a very light line in the frosting of the cake and divide the brain hemispheres. Then pipe squiggly lines all around the cake starting with left or right hemisphere then completing the other side. Place cake in fridge for at least 45 minutes to 1 hour to harden the frosting.
- When cake is ready, remove from fridge. In 2-cup Micro Pitcher add jam, water, cover and microwave for 15-30 seconds until jam is melted but not too hot. If jam is too hot let it cool.
- Pour jam all over the cake and if needed, use a basting brush to add jam to any areas where pink frosting is still exposed. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Opens in a new window.