- 3 large eggs
- 1-cup margarita mix
- ½-cup vegetable oil
- Zest of 2 limes, divided
- 15.25 oz. vanilla cake mix
- ½-cup butter
- 1 tbsp. lime juice
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp. heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350F/180C.
In base of Whip N Mix Chef, add eggs, margarita mix, oil, half of lime zest and mix on gear I until fully combined.
- Add cake in two increments, and switch to gear II. Continue mixing until smooth.
Pour batter in Silicone Muffin Form, filling up to 2/3 full, and bake for 12-14 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool completely.
- Make buttercream by mixing, on gear I, butter, lime juice and remaining lime zest until smooth.
- Switch to gear II and add powdered sugar ½ cup at a time until smooth.
- Add heavy cream and continue turning handle on gear II until creamy.
- Decorate cupcakes with buttercream, garnish as desired and serve.