Lemon & Olive Oil Cake with Mascarpone Whipped Cream
Drinks & Dessert
- 1 tsp. Baking powder
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 3 Large eggs
- 1 1/4 cup Granulated sugar
- 3 Lemons, zested
- 3/4 cup Extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 cup Whole milk
- 1 1/4 cup Heavy cream
- 3/4 cup Powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. Vanilla extract
- 8 oz. Mascarpone cheese, softened
1 3/4 cup All-purpose flour
Prep the oven
- Preheat oven to 350� F/180� C.
Make the batter
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt. In the Whip 'N Mix Chef, add eggs, cover and beat on gear I until eggs are pale and frothy. Add sugar and lemon zest to the eggs, switch to gear II and mix until combined. Attach the funnel to the cover then pour olive oil into the funnel and slowly mix on gear II until all theoil is gone. Add half of the flour mixture to the mixture and slowly mix on gear II until mostly combined. Using the funnel, pour in the milk and slowly mix just until milk is incorporated, then add the remaining flour mixture and mix again.
- Pour batter into loaf pan and smooth out the top. Bake for 50�60 min. or until a toothpick comes out clean from the center of the cake.
Make the Mascarpone Whipped Cream
- While cake is baking, make Mascarpone Whipped Cream by combining heavy cream, powdered sugar and vanilla extract in base of Whip 'N Mix Chef. Whip on gear I until stiff peaks form. Add softened mascarpone cheese, and switch to gear II and whip until smooth and creamy.
- Allow to stand for 10 min. then unmold on a rack. Allow to cool for at least 20 min. before slicing and serving. Serve with Mascarpone Whipped Cream.