February 28, 2023
- 1 cup/180 g all-purpose flour
- 1 cup/160 g coarse cornmeal
- ¼ cup/60 g granulated sugar
- 2 tsp./10 mL baking powder
- ½ tsp./2 mL salt
- 2 large eggs
- ⅓ cup/75 g unsalted butter, melted
- ¾ cup/200 ml buttermilk*
In the Thatsa® Medium Bowl, whisk all the ingredients together until smooth. Allow the batter to rest for 5 min.
Place the Pro Ring in the base of the MicroPro® Grill and pour ¾ cup/200 ml of batter into the Ring.
- Place cover on in the casserole position and microwave for 5 minutes at 70% power.
Using oven gloves, remove the Pro Ring and flip the cornbread using the Spatula. Place cover on in the grill position and microwave for 2 minutes at 70% power.
- Repeat steps 2–4 with the remaining batter.
- Serve warm with butter.
*Make your own buttermilk by adding 10 mL/2 tsp. lemon juice or vinegar to 200 mL/¾ cup of whole milk.