- 7 large Granny Smith apples, cored and peeled
- 6 tbsp. chilled butter, cut into pieces
- 5 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1½ tbsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ½ tsp. coarse kosher salt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- ¼ tsp. coarse kosher salt
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- 2 sticks chilled butter, cut into pieces
Prep the filling
- Preheat oven to 350° F/175° C.
- Cut apples into ½ in/1.25 cm pieces.
- In the UltraPro 2-Qt./2 L Casserole Pan mix together apples, butter, flour, cinnamon, sugar, and salt until well combined.
- Microwave on high power 8 minutes.
Make the topping
- In a Thatsa medium bowl, stir together flour, brown sugar, granulated sugar, salt, and cinnamon.
- Cut in butter pieces with a pastry blender, or rub butter and flour mixture between fingers until coarse crumbs form and set aside.
Bake and serve
- Remove pan from microwave.
- Sprinkle topping evenly over top of apples.
- Place pan in oven. Bake 12 minutes, or until topping is golden brown and filling is bubbly.
- Remove from oven and let stand 10 minutes before serving.
- Serve warm, or at room temperature. Refrigerate, covered, up to three days.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Opens in a new window.