Day of the Dead Cupcakes
- 1-cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 tbsp orange zest
- 1/3 cup almond milk
- 1 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- ¼-cup vegetable oil
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup caramel syrup
- 1 ¾ cup powdered sugar
- Pinch of salt
1-cup pie dough
Preheat oven to 350F/180C. Place Silicone Muffin Form on metal baking sheet and set aside.
- In 3.5L Ultimate Mixing Bowl, place flour, sugar, baking soda, salt and orange zest. Whisk until no lumps remain.
In 1-cup Micro Pitcher add almond milk and vinegar. Set aside for 5 minutes then mix in oil.
- Make a well in center of dry ingredients and pour in liquid ingredients. Mix until smooth.
- Divide batter among cavities of Silicone Muffin Form and bake for 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
While cupcakes bake, make frosting in Whip N Mix Chef. Add butter, caramel and whisk on Gear I until well combined. Add in powdered sugar ½ cup at a time, switching to Gear II, until fully combined and creamy.
- Let cupcakes cool for 10 mins, unmold and set aside. While cupcakes cool, shape pie dough into six ½-inch balls and flatten slightly. Then use remaining pie dough to form 2-inch bones by rolling into a log then continue rolling the middle to make it thinner. Bake pie dough pones and flat balls for 5 minutes or until golden brown, then let cool completely.
- To assemble: pipe frosting on top of cupcake in desired pattern, then add one small ball to center of frosting and four bones on each side of cupcake. Serve immediately.