- 45 ml /3 tbsp maple syrup
- 60 g /¼ cup granulated sugar
- 45 ml /3 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 20 g/2 tbsp. fresh ginger, grated
- 80 g/½ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 mL/½ tsp. baking powder
- ½ mL/1/8tsp. ground black pepper
- ½ mL/⅛ tsp ground cloves
- ½ mL/⅛ tsp salt
- 30 g/1 oz. crystallized ginger, thinly sliced
- 45 mL/3 tbsp. powdered sugar
- 15 mL/1 tbsp. ground ginger
- In the Thatsa® Medium Bowl, whisk maple syrup, sugar, vegetable oil, eggs and fresh ginger together using the Whisk.
- In a small bowl, whisk together remaining dry ingredients, except crystallized ginger.
- Add dry ingredients to the Thatsa® Bowl and whisk until you have a consistent batter.
- Place the Pro Ring in the base of the MicroPro® Grill and pour mixture into the Ring. Evenly place pieces of crystalized ginger into the batter.
- Place cover on in the casserole position and microwave 12–14 minutes at 50% power.
- Allow to stand 5–10 min. before opening the MicroPro® Grill and unmolding. Use the Silicone Spatula Thin all around the cake to easily remove the Pro Ring and the Spatula to remove the cake the from MicroPro® Grill.
- Sift powdered sugar mixture on top and serve.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Opens in a new window.