- ½ cup Unsalted butter, softened
- ¾ cup Granulated sugar
- 1 Orange
- 2 Large egg whites
- ½ cup Almond milk
- 1½ cup Self-rising flour
- 1 tsp. Poppy seeds
- 1½ cup Powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp. Orange juice
Prep the batter
- Preheat oven to 350°F/ 180°C.
- Mix butter, sugar, and orange zest in medium bowl until creamy.
- Add in egg whites and mix to combine.
- Separately, mix milk and 1 tbsp. orange juice and set aside to curdle. Add flour and milk mixture to the butter mix, in 3 increments. Starting with the flour and ending with the flour. Fold in poppy seeds.
- Pour batter in Ultra Pro 2-Qt./2 L Casserole Pan. Bake for 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
Make the glaze
- While quick bread is baking, mix together powdered sugar and orange juice to create a glaze.
- Let bread cool slightly, top with glaze and serve.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Opens in a new window.