Lemon Olive Oil Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1¾ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1¼ cup granulated sugar
- 3 lemons, zested
- ¾ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¾ cup whole milk
- 4 oz. /115 g cream cheese, softened
- 1¼ cup heavy cream, chilled
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
Lemon Olive Oil Cake
Cream Cheese Frosting
- Preheat oven to 350° F/180° C.
- In a medium bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, and salt.
In the Whip 'N Mix Chef, add eggs, cover, and beat on gear I until eggs are pale and frothy.
- Add sugar, and lemon zest, and then switch to gear II and mix until combined.
- Attach the funnel to the cover and pour olive oil. Slowly mix until all the oil is gone from the funnel.
- Add half of the flour mixture to the Whip ‘N Mix and slowly mix on gear II until mostly combined.
- Using the funnel, pour in the milk and slowly mix just until incorporated, then add the remaining flour mixture and mix again.
Pour batter into the UltraPro Magic Stack Set and smooth the top. Bake for 35–40 min. or until the toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- While the cake is baking, make Whipped Cream by combining cream cheese and heavy cream in the base of the Whip 'N Mix Chef. Whip on gear I until creamy then add cream cheese, switch to gear II, and whip until smooth.
- Let stand for 5 minutes then unmold. Let cool completely then top with Cream Cheese Frosting. Serve immediately.