Frozen Strawberry Kiwi Mojito
Drinks & Dessert
1¼ cup water, divided
½ cup sugar, divided
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, stems removed
- 3 fresh kiwi, peeled, cut in quarters
- 8 fresh mint leaves
- 2 oz./60 g white rum (optional)
Dissolve the sugar
In the 2-cup/500 mL Micro Pitcher, stir together 1 cup of the water and ¼ cup of the sugar. Microwave on high power 45 seconds or until sugar is dissolved
In the Supersonic Chopper Tall with blade attachment, add strawberries and pour in half of the sugar water.
Place cover on Supersonic Chopper Tall and pull cord until mixture is pureed.
Transfer mixture to a Freeze-It Medium Shallow Rectangular Container. Freeze 6 hours or overnight.
Rinse Power Chef System and blade attachment. Reassemble and add kiwi, remaining sugar water, and 4 mint leaves. Place cover on Supersonic Chopper Tall and pull cord until mixture is pureed. Transfer mixture to freezer safe container. Freeze 6 hours or overnight.
Meanwhile make the simple syrup
- In the 2-cup/500 mL Micro Pitcher stir together remaining 1/4 cup water, 1/4 cup sugar, and mint leaves. Microwave on high power 45 seconds or until sugar is dissolved. Refrigerate until ready to use.
To shave the ice
- Remove containers from freezer
- let stand 10 minutes. Using a butter knife, gently break frozen fruit mixtures into 2 to 3?/8 cm pieces. Place 2 to 3 frozen strawberry pieces into the hopper of the Grate Master Shredder Accessory with Ice Shaver Cone. Place bowl in front of cone to catch shaved ice. Turn handle to process. Repeat with remaining strawberry ice
Set aside. Repeat with kiwi ice, using a separate bowl
Set aside. Divide shaved strawberry ice evenly between two glasses
Top each with half of the kiwi shaved ice. Pour half of the mint sugar syrup and half of the rum into each glass.