Warm Winter Pasta Salad
Lunch & Dinner
- 1 lb./455 g bowtie pasta
- 1 small head radicchio, shredded
- 1 small fennel bulb, sliced thin
- 2 pears, peeled, cored, and chopped, 1/4""/.62 cm pieces
- 2 parsnips, peeled and chopped, 1/4""/.62 cm pieces
- 1/4 cup, plus 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 3 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup toasted walnuts
- 1/2 cup bleu cheese crumbles
3/4 tsp. coarse kosher salt, divided
Make the pasta
Preheat oven to 400F./205C. Add water to the MICROWAVE PASTA MAKER maximum fill line. Stir in 2 tsp. of the salt and pasta. Microwave on high power 8 minutes. Remove from microwave
- drain, set aside.
Cook the veggies
- Meanwhile, on the UltraPro Oven Plate, arrange radicchio, fennel, pears, and parsnips in a single layer. Drizzle with 1 tbsp. of the olive oil
- sprinkle with salt. Microwave on high power 3 minutes. Remove from microwave. Place UltraPro pan in oven. Bake 7 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Remove from oven
- set aside.
Assemble and serve
- In a large bowl whisk together oil, vinegar, garlic, and remaining salt. Stir in pasta, vegetables, and walnuts
- top with bleu cheese. Serve warm.