Quinoa & Black Bean Salad
Lunch & Dinner
1 cup quinoa
1½ cups fat-free chicken broth
½ cup fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1 tbsp grated orange zest
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 lime juice
¼ cup cilantro chopped
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp Southwest Chipotle Seasoning
- 1 small yellow pepper quartered
- 2 medium vine-ripened tomatoes chopped
- 15 oz./425 g black beans drained
- 1 small red pepper seeded and cut into large chunks
- As required salt and pepper
Prepare the quinoa
Combine quinoa, chicken broth, orange juice and zest in a Microwave Rice Maker.
Replace cover and microwave on high for 15~18 minutes. Fluff with a serving spoon.
Make the seasoning
Place olive oil, garlic, lime juice, cilantro, Dijon mustard and Seasoning in a Quick Shake Container. Replace seal and shake well to combine.
Place red and yellow peppers in base of Supersonic Chopper Tall. Replace cover and pull cord 2~3 times to coarsely chop.
Mix and serve
Place peppers and remaining ingredients with cooked quinoa in a large bowl.
Toss vegetables and cooked quinoa with dressing.
Season with salt and pepper to taste.