Quinoa & Black Bean Salad
Lunch & Dinner
- 1 1/2 cups fat-free chicken broth
- 1/2 cup fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1 tbsp grated orange zest
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 lime juice
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp Southwest Chipotle Seasoning
- 1 small yellow pepper quartered
- 2 medium vine-ripened tomatoes chopped
- 15 oz./425 g black beans drained
- 1 small red pepper seeded and cut into large chunks
- As required salt and pepper
1 cup quinoa
Prepare the quinoa
- Combine quinoa, chicken broth, orange juice and zest in a Microwave Rice Maker.Replace cover and microwave on high for 15�18 minutes. Fluff with a serving spoon.
Make the seasoning
- Place olive oil, garlic, lime juice, cilantro, Dijon mustard and Seasoning in a Quick Shake Container. Replace seal and shake well to combine.Place red and yellow peppers in base of Chop �N Prep. Replace cover and pull cord 2�3 times to coarsely chop.
Mix and serve
- Place peppers and remaining ingredients with cooked quinoa in a large bowl.Toss vegetables and cooked quinoa with dressing.Season with salt and pepper to taste.