Fruit Sorbet Cake
Drinks & Dessert
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 1 pound cake
- 3 cups whipped cream (optional)
16 oz./455 g frozen mango chunks
- Remove fruit from freezer let stand 16-18 minutes.
- Fill Sorbet Maker hopper with fruit. Pour 1 tsp. warm water over fruit. Place plunger on top of fruit. Gently push down on plunger while turning handle to process. Repeat with remaining fruit. Set aside.
Prep pound cake
- Slice away brown outer edges of pound cake
- discard. Slice pound cake lengthwise into two (1""/2.5 cm wide) pieces. Then cut to fit the length of 1 3/4 cup/450 mL Freezer Mates Container.
- Place pound cake against the sides of the Freezer Mates Container and fill the center with mango sorbet. Cover and freeze 1 hour. Remove from freezer and if desired frost with whipped cream. Serve immediately.