- 4 large Granny Smith apples, cored and peeled
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 1 cup apple cider
- ¼ cup butter, cut into ¼-inch pieces
- 2 tbsp. corn starch
- 1 tbsp. ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
Prepare the apples
- Cut apples into ¼-inch pieces. In the base of the Microwave Pressure Cooker stir together apples, sugar, cider, butter, corn starch, cinnamon, and salt. Secure cover onto the base.
Cook the compote
- Microwave on high power 10 minutes.
- Remove from microwave. Let stand 10 minutes or until steam indicator valve is in the down position. Remove cover and stir.
- Serve warm over ice cream, oat meal, or as a snack.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Opens in a new window.