Strawberry Chantilly Cake
Drinks & Dessert
1/8 tsp. coarse kosher salt
12 tbsp. melted, salted butter
1 3/4 cup granulated sugar, divided
3 small egg
3/4 cup heavy cream
- 6 tbsp. plain yogurt
- 6 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3/4 tsp. baking soda
- 3/4 tsp. corn starch
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- optional Sliced strawberries for garnish
- 1 tsp. unflavored powdered gelatin
- 2 tbsp. cold water
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 lb./455 g fresh strawberries, tops removed
Prep the strawberries
- In the base of the Power Chef System, add strawberries, 1/4 cup of the sugar, and salt. Cover and pull cord until strawberries are roughly chopped. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
Make the batter
- Grease and flour the Stack Cooker 3-Qt./3 L Casserole and the 3/4-Qt./750 mL Casserole
set aside. In the MICRO PITCHER 2-PC. SET add butter. Microwave on high power 25 seconds, or until melted. Remove from microwave, transfer to base of the POWER CHEF® SYSTEM with paddle attachment. Add remaining sugar, cover and pull cord until butter and sugar are well blended. Remove cover, add egg, cream, yogurt, vanilla, baking soda, and baking powder. Cover and pull cord until well blended
- about 20 pulls. Add flour, cover and pull cord until well blended
- about 20 pulls.
Cook the cake
- Using a spatula, divide batter evenly between the two casseroles
- stack and cover. Microwave on high power 11 minutes or until a knife inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Remove from microwave
- let stand 30 seconds. Transfer cakes to a cooling rack. Let cool completely before frosting.
Make the frosting
- Meanwhile, make the frosting. In a small bowl, stir together gelatin and water
- set aside. In the base of the Quick Chef Pro System with whip attachment, add cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla. Turn handle until cream reaches the soft peak stage. Add gelatin, continue whipping cream until stiff peaks form (cream should be the consistency of stiff frosting). Remove whip attachment, cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
Assemble the cake and serve
- Place first layer of cake on plate or cake stand
- cover with strawberries. Spread 1/3 of the frosting over the strawberries. Add second layer of cake
- Spread 1/3 of frosting over the top. Spread remaining frosting over the sides of the cake. Decorate cake with fresh strawberries. Serve immediately, or cover and refrigerate up to 3 days.