- 1 (12-lb./5.4 kg) fresh or thawed turkey
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled
- 10 fresh sage leaves, divided
- 1 lb./455 g salted butter, room temperature
- ½ cup orange marmalade
- 1½ tsp. kosher salt
- 1 small yellow onion, peeled and quartered
- 1 orange, peeled, segments separated
- Preheat oven to 350° F/175° C.
Make the orange butter
- Make the orange butter. In the base of the Supersonic Chopper Tall fitted with blade attachment, add garlic, 5 sage leaves orange marmalade and butter. Cover and pull cord until garlic is well minced.
Prepare the turkey
- Using disposable towels, pat turkey dry.* Spread ¾ of the butter mixture evenly under the skin of the turkey breasts. Rub remaining butter over entire turkey and sprinkle with salt.
- Stuff turkey cavity with sage, onion and orange segments. Place on roasting pan. Place roasting pan in oven on lower rack.
- Roast 1½ hours. Increase oven temperature to 400° F/205° C. Continue roasting an additional 15 minutes per pound, basting every 30 minutes with pan juices, until an instant-read thermometer registers 165° F/75° C when inserted into the thickest part of the meat without touching bone.
- Remove pan from oven, let stand 15 to 20 minutes before serving.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Opens in a new window.