- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup water
- 15 oz./425 g sweet potato, cooked and chopped
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
Make the simple syrup
- In the 2-cup/500 mL Micro Pitcher Set, stir together sugar and water.
- Microwave on high power 45 seconds, or until sugar has dissolved.
- Remove from microwave, set aside.
Make the chocolate sorbet base
- In the base of the Supersonic Chopper Tall fitted with blade attachment, add potatoes, cocoa powder and simple syrup. Cover and pull cord until well blended and almost smooth.
- Transfer mixture to a Freezer Mates Plus Medium Shallow. Seal and freeze at least 6 hours or overnight.
Make the sorbet
- Remove Freeze-It container from freezer and let stand at room temperature 5 minutes.
- Using a butter knife, gently break mixture into 2-3in/5-7 cm pieces.
- Place medium bowl or Freeze-It container below Sorbet Maker spout. Fill sorbet hopper with frozen chocolate base pieces. Place plunger on top of frozen chocolate. Place plunger on top of frozen chocolate. Gently push down on the plunger while turning handle to process.
- Repeat with remaining fruit.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Opens in a new window.